Sponsored

B&O….Oh No!

Chili

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 18, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
625
Reaction score
476
Location
Mn
Vehicles
2022 F150
Center is 4ohm. I replaced mine with this: Dayton Audio PS65LP-4 6-1/2" Ultra Efficient Low Profile Full-Range Driver 4 Ohm (parts-express.com). I bought the 72-5600 harness from Best Buy and snipped the tabs and the harness connector fit perfectly with the connector that was hooked to the OEM speaker.
The front center speaker is 6.5"? Tell us more about what kind of changes this made. Being this is a ultra efficient 4 ohm speaker, it seems like it would be near the same spl level.
Sponsored

 

RellIk&5

Well-known member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
186
Reaction score
96
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
What did this get you? Did it lower the brightness of the center speaker? Looking at doing ANYTHING to lower the center speaker output. I did see a post that someone just disconnected the center speaker and he said it sounds great now. I will be doing that this upcoming weekend and if it does sound much better I will leave it disconnected.
I think it balanced out the sound stage significantly. You definitely get distinct left and right sounds. The only thing is the speaker doesn't mount with the available holes. It just sits in the opening since the speaker is narrower than the factory speaker. But once you put the cover back on, it's not going anywhere.

I still need to do my front tweeters since I've upgraded everything else.
 

RellIk&5

Well-known member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
186
Reaction score
96
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Last edited:

Chili

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 18, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
625
Reaction score
476
Location
Mn
Vehicles
2022 F150
In the B&O Unleashed, which I have in my Lariat, the center is too loud for the rest of the system, and there isn't any way in the config to turn just that speaker down. Best option to correct seems to be setting the surround sound point centered slightly behind the front speakers. The resistor idea is an interesting one, not sure, I've never tried adding a resistor to speaker wiring.
Beyond that, I'm pretty happy with it, and I guess I'd call myself borderline audiophile, at least relative to home gear. Could you build a better system from scratch...probably...but it would almost certainly cost more, likely significantly more.
You can buy a 25 watt 4 ohm resistor and it will halve the power power to the speaker. The resistor would dissipate the other half of the power through heat, which is why you would want one with a heatsink.
 

Chili

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 18, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
625
Reaction score
476
Location
Mn
Vehicles
2022 F150
Sorry...THIS is the one I purchased: Amazon.com: Dayton Audio PS95-8 3-1/2" Point Source Full Range Driver 8 Ohm : Electronics. The front speaker is NOT 4ohm, but rather 8 ohm. My information came from this thread: Help needed B&O speaker replacement - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (ford-trucks.com)
That makes sense as that's a very inefficient speaker meaning it will not be as loud as a cheap paper cone oem speaker as their lightweight tends to make them very efficient.
 

Sponsored

RellIk&5

Well-known member
First Name
Wayne
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Threads
8
Messages
186
Reaction score
96
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
That makes sense as that's a very inefficient speaker meaning it will not be as loud as a cheap paper cone oem speaker as their lightweight tends to make them very efficient.

Dayton has a few 4" 8ohm speakers. They might be worth a look too, if being able to screw your speaker to the dash is something you feel important. At $39 they're worth buying a few, seeing which sounds better and then returning the others.
 

Jimi

Well-known member
First Name
Jimi
Joined
Jul 24, 2022
Threads
29
Messages
395
Reaction score
151
Location
Upstate NY
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
In the aftermarket world, what would $600 get you (including labor) in sound improvement?
I'm not saying it gets you nothing, but as much flack as the B&O unleashed gets from the high-end audio guys, it's really a pretty good value equation. (in my opinion)
[/
I’m liking the Unleashed so far. It’s a big upgrade over my 2015 XLT stock system.
Percentage wise, how much better is the B and O Unleashed over the B and O ?
 

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Percentage wise, how much better is the B and O Unleashed over the B and O ?
I had a 2021 with the NOT unleashed and now have a 2022 unleashed.
Honestly it's only the bottom end that I found noticeably better in the unleashed. Surprising, I know. There's obviously something they did with the eq and/or power that gave it some guts that the previous system was sorely missing.

Still, the bottom end isn't anything to write home about, but it's there, rather than being absent.
 

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I had a 2021 with the NOT unleashed and now have a 2022 unleashed.
Honestly it's only the bottom end that I found noticeably better in the unleashed. Surprising, I know. There's obviously something they did with the eq and/or power that gave it some guts that the previous system was sorely missing.

Still, the bottom end isn't anything to write home about, but it's there, rather than being absent.
please explain for this old fart
bottom end?
much grass ?
 

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Bass.
Lower (bottom) portion of the frequency range.
The subwoofer actually can woof a bit.

Won't thump you or move the cabin air. Lol

I don't think it's a different subwoofer. I just think they "tuned" it differently. Might have given that channel a few more watts?
 

Sponsored


powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Bass.
Lower (bottom) portion of the frequency range.
The subwoofer actually can woof a bit.

Won't thump you or move the cabin air. Lol

I don't think it's a different subwoofer. I just think they "tuned" it differently. Might have given that channel a few more watts?
i was back there today, tidying up and the woofer seems pretty small, . and exposed.
i saw the kicker upgrade thing at ford accesseroies but its not comparable with the bo unleashed
my 2013 had it under the seat, and the expedition had it in a compartment in the rear

just me but the thump is pretty deep for my old ears, but i could see how some would like more of it.
think an upgrade is a plug and play thing or would we loose the big amp back there as well??

Ford F-150 B&O….Oh No! rear2


Ford F-150 B&O….Oh No! rear
 
Last edited:

Snakebitten

Well-known member
First Name
Bruce
Joined
Jun 19, 2021
Threads
5
Messages
11,560
Reaction score
22,964
Location
Coastal Texas
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Similar to the reverse steak recipe where you cook it first and seer it last, there's a build thread here on the forum where a fella upgrades the amp(s) to see how much better the oem unleashed speakers will sound with clean headroom.

He does replace the oem sub since that enclosure defies the necessary physics.

I am not willing to give up my underseat storage, so I am considering an MTI behind the seat enclosure.

Ford F-150 B&O….Oh No! 2916952624


Ford F-150 B&O….Oh No! 2458192820
 

Chili

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 18, 2022
Threads
18
Messages
625
Reaction score
476
Location
Mn
Vehicles
2022 F150
i was back there today, tidying up and the woofer seems pretty small, . and exposed.
i saw the kicker upgrade thing at ford accesseroies but its not comparable with the bo unleashed
my 2013 had it under the seat, and the expedition had it in a compartment in the rear

just me but the thump is pretty deep for my old ears, but i could see how some would like more of it.
think an upgrade is a plug and play thing or would we loose the big amp back there as well??

rear2.jpg


rear.jpg
Is that sub a 6x9?

Is it the speaker quality or not enough power?
 

clipperqb

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 1, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
114
Reaction score
81
Location
New Hampshire
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
What did this get you? Did it lower the brightness of the center speaker? Looking at doing ANYTHING to lower the center speaker output. I did see a post that someone just disconnected the center speaker and he said it sounds great now. I will be doing that this upcoming weekend and if it does sound much better I will leave it disconnected.
I disconnected the center speaker and Soundstage was much better. I threw it in the garbage.
 

powerboatr

Well-known member
First Name
Robert
Joined
May 9, 2022
Threads
173
Messages
4,343
Reaction score
5,427
Location
North East Texas, Piney Woods
Vehicles
2024 F250 King Ranch Chrome
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Is that sub a 6x9?

Is it the speaker quality or not enough power?
its the sub.
actually for me the sound is very good
i am deaf in left ear, if i wear the hearing aid its like being live at center stage.
if i dont wear it i can hear 30% on left ear and still sounds pretty darn good
i was surprised the sub is so "unprotected" on the sides. it does have a grill with some cloth to protect the front face .
i was curious if there is a sub that is plug and play with current wiring from the big silver box amp
Sponsored

 
 







Top