Sponsored

Search results

  1. Forscan: Did I do that?

    Ok I think. I implemented the "silent mode". Just can't understand why that switch is not standard. I'm old so I forget things, but it seems to me that before the change, the touch screen would light up on entry. It does not now, when silent is OFF. That's fine with me but I keep...
  2. Forscan: Did I do that?

    Thanks HammaMan... I'll try the silent mode tomorrow and see what happens!
  3. Forscan: Did I do that?

    I finally decided to wade in to Forscan. Main reasons are the double-honk, and silent (camping) mode. So...I backed up all the modules, and got comfortable with the interface. Then decided to flip the magic bit in the BdyCM for the double honk. 726-63-02: xxx1 xxxx xx-- to xxx0 xxxx xx--...
  4. 2023 Powerboost-Trailer Brake System Fault

    Laying under the truck last week trying to get the spare tire off in the driveway (a topic for another time, but I think I ordered the right part) I noticed the back of the 7 pin connector, and a handful of other non-sealed connectors. If it was me, I would not build it this way!
  5. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    I’ve been thinking that one of the things that MIGHT be fixed by a software update is the battery charging profile. Sure would be great to be able to learn how this truck really works
  6. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    Hope this helps someone... Had the fix applied, and the rear axle wiring recall at the same time. Now....I just wait and see if the old SSN problem comes back. Hope not!
  7. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    This symptom, and pop up message can be caused by a variety of problems. The service manager told me he had to replace the HV battery on one truck. But the VIN search by Ford Motor Company pointed to the software issue on our truck.
  8. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    Received this today regarding SSN problem. Expecting a software fix in Q4, meanwhile, if the truck won't start....just....wait.....patiently....
  9. 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start

    After my recent SSN problems I contacted my salesman, who kicked it to the service manager. They checked my VIN, and here's what they know... which means, I'll try to wait patiently. He said that for the last three weeks or so the truck has been generating lots of codes that point to this issue.
  10. 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start

    The seven pin will charge the trailer batteries, but it was probably in a float condition while we were driving as I was using portable solar in camp. I'm sure the fan would not have been on high. One or two most likely. Interesting idea about the truck cellular.
  11. 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start

    Just returned from a wonderful trip towing our Escape 19 fiberglass trailer from Ohio to California and back with our ’23 XLT Power Boost. Three instances of SSN were our only problems. My wife and I love driving this truck, and towing the camper, but the uncertainty of SSN is crazy. #1 – Short...
  12. 2023 Powerboost-Trailer Brake System Fault

    The dealer diagnosed it, and then replaced it. I was a little surprised that was it...but like I said its been ok
  13. 2023 Powerboost-Trailer Brake System Fault

    Since replacing the connector in March, the problem has not surfaced again. Several thousand miles of towing. Hopefully its gone for good.
  14. Ford Nav warning chimes

    My apologies to the great state of Iowa... Same problem in Nebraska. What is really needed is a way to turn off ALL the audio alerts if I choose to. Right now I can turn off school zones, RR crossings, and cross country borders. These are just nuisance alarms. It says that there is a "weight...
  15. Ford Nav warning chimes

    On a little trip right now across Iowa on I-80 and the Nav system is driving me crazy. It seems that someone in the Highway Dept here uploaded a couple hundred warnings that cause the alert system to chime. The ones that are actually labeled are "Weight Limit". Some just show the warning...
  16. 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start

    Today. Me too. This is the second time I've had this issue. I had used the truck for a couple of 3 mile trips, then turned it around in the driveway. When I went to start it in an hour...Stop Safely Now. Full Accessory Power. I was able to start it with the app and immediately checked the...
  17. Softopper soft canopy topper installed

    Works for us. About 5 minutes to fold the SoftTopper back and get two roadbikes out and put the wheels on. I think it should work on the '23. I'm 6' and my wife is a foot shorter, so the smaller bike kind of tucks nicely under the handlebars. I moved the mounts closer since I took this...
  18. Softopper soft canopy topper installed

    I have one from my 2013 XLT, and am hoping it fits the 2023. Just have not tried it yet. Its main use is to keep the bicycles under cover while towing our travel trailer. When not pulling the trailer I usually use a tonneau cover, and can make the swap in about an hour. It keeps stuff dry...
  19. 2023 Powerboost “stop safely now” no start

    Me too. My 2023 Powerboost would not start (at first) today. I slammed all the doors, stood on one foot, screamed, locked and unlocked the doors with the fob, held the start button down , then rapidly toggled it off and on. Eventually it started. What the heck? Not sure what my next step...




Top