You don't need forscan to make them work, they include resistors to mimick the incandescent load so that the truck doesn't think there is a light out and blink fast. But, one of my resistors wasn't working right and sometimes it would blink funny. It's a simple change in forscan. So I ditched...
Interesting. So they redesigned them. Maybe the backup lights are better now. If they are I might just order the new ones. They changed from 3 lights to 2 and made them smoother looking and with animation of the surround light.
I don't think moving the blis sensor is going to matter that...
I forgot, I also set them up to flash yellow for the blinker, which took me a minute to figure out and I had to use forescan to set that up. Because forescan has to seperate the brake signal from the turn signal in the factory truck wiring. It's been a while and I don't remember the settings...
Yeah, they work fine. Backup lights suck though. And instead of using their resistors for the fast blinking I went ahead and re-programmed it via forescan. Can you mod via forescan on the 24's?
Love them. Nice and bright around the perimeter and it has 3 dimensial look to rear facing part. Reverse lights not the greatest, but I don't care. I also hooked up the wire to have amber turn signals. If you have halogen you have to make a change in forscan to separate the turn and stop...
I have a 23 with NAV and 8" screen I thought I read somewhere there was a way to only install the screen and not have to have a new APIM?
Also, have you seen the sellers on ebay selling the screen replacement out of china for $250ish?
I sent back the oracle ones, have to see what they refund me. It said there was a 5% restocking fee and some other $20 fee.
Also, when I checked out... the inginuity ones only came to $288 shipped? Way better than the current morimoto sale of $630
I would say they sorta suck, but I haven't been anywhere yet where it's super dark. They cast a vertical strip of light, which I'm going to assume, is not going to be very helpful. Hmmm. Might have to get light strip that goes under tailgate. I like them otherwise. I might wire up the...
Posting this in case anyone else is interested in these tail lights...
These things are nice for the price. I purchased them directly off the inginuity website and they were shipped from New Jersey. Their website is a little messed up though. If you search for your actual truck they might...
I decided I don't like the oracle ones. Too much black(although would probably be ok paint matched) and I don't like that they go off for a split second after pressing on the brakes when the lights are on. That's a weird behavior. Sending them back.
I ordered the ones above from inguinuity...
I'll get some better shots and video later. It's raining right now. Backup lights seem to be bright. Will know better when I get it outside.
One thing I don't like is... when you press on the brakes, the entire light gets brighter but then goes completely dark for a half a second while the...
They look easy to take apart to paint match. Also, I forgot to mention, the entire light gets brighter and does a sequential dance when you apply the brakes, not just the little squares that are brighter top and bottom.
Received the lights today. They are decent. Quality feels similar to factory, but I have cheap halogen so? I like the sequential flashing and they are bright. I would have done the brakes lights differently. They should have done red leds around the backup lights that light up when you...
I got the red/clear ones. They shipped today. I didn't think about paint match. Maybe when I get the bumpers and door handles done. The truck is hot pepper red, not my favorite, but the only 23 rcsb I could find near me. Bought it a month ago. I'll post pics when I get them.
Thanks! I just ordered a set to replace my factory halogen lights. I was going to get the morimoto ones, but decided on these with the brighter backup lights and sequential turn signal. Hope they match decently with the alphrex nova headlights I already have.