Sponsored

Search results

  1. What do you call your truck?

    I call mine “ShitBox” It’s been in the shop 8 weeks for electrical issues with no end in sight…actual driving time for me with it was 6.5 weeks…
  2. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Yep I only deal with the Service Manager now and the GM doesn’t really care as I didn’t buy the truck from his dealership . Trying to get Ford Canada to send us a 2022 or give us our monies back but they only say “we’ll call the dealer for you”
  3. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Ahh okay. I read it in that way, no harm no foul. I’m genuinely shocked that people from all over have tried to help. I live in Toronto and have a guy in Dallas and a guy in Alabama trying to help me in my DM’s. This forum is great, just wish the truck performed as it should, and that the...
  4. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Mechanic and service manager refuse to believe this is the cause and will not test out the battery…
  5. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    I’ve considered this, but other dealers cannot “look” at the truck for at least 2 weeks…
  6. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    So I should take a $13k hit because Ford built a shitty truck? And why should I have to buy a new battery for a BRAND new truck? I shouldn’t be out of pocket a dime…
  7. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    I know when I go equipped with this new Battery info the mechanic will once again take offense to it and ignore it. I’ve even told the Service Manager about it and she seems to ignore it also…8 weeks this Tuesday without the truck, maybe taking some advice would help since clearly they don’t...
  8. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    A few people here mentioned a new battery. I’ve mentioned this to the mechanic who takes it as an insult that I’m questioning his work (even though 8 weeks in he still hasn’t fixed my truck)…WELL, a Ford Service Manager on here has private messaged me, ran my VIN and he also seems to think it’s...
  9. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    I had someone here look it up on FDRS for me and there was a span of 2 weeks the dealer didn’t even touch the truck… It has a new Gateway Module, a new Gear Shift Module, a new 4x4 switch (replaced twice) and now apparently the Gateway Module is toast again….. Just give me my money...
  10. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    At what point does Ford cut the loss and give me my monies back and keep the truck or send me a brand new 2022. This truck is clearly a lemon…8 weeks, no fix. Over $80k spent on a hunk of worthless metal… Dealer offered me $70k for it…pretty insulting considering it has under 5000kms and they...
  11. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Update: Fully broken again…lit up like a Christmas tree… out of options now….truck is a lemon, however no lemon laws in Canada and Ford Canada does not care to help
  12. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    I’ve actually told the mechanic himself numerous times that guys on the forum say it may just be the battery and it’s almost as if he takes it as an insult…..like listen buddy, it’s been 7 weeks and you don’t know how to fix it, maybe listen to what I have to say ??‍♂️ Yes I have an open case...
  13. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Thought I’d post an update: Last week the dealership replaced the Gateway Module. We let it sit overnight in the extreme cold to be able to test it the next morning. Next morning i went bright and early, started it up, all was fine . I couldn’t believe it, 6.5 weeks and it’s finally fixed! The...
  14. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    No lemon law in Canada unfortunately. Truck only acts up in extreme cold conditions. Mechanic now says could be 6 modules. Ford Canada refuses to replace all 6 until the mechanic can pinpoint the EXACT issue using their methods…unbelievable! Ford Canada will not offer any compensation for this...
  15. Powerboost - Multiple PCM failures

    I’m in the same boat. 35 days without my truck as the mechanic has no idea how to fix it… You can see my thread here: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/my-powerboost-is-essentially-dead.7981/page-2#post-163577
  16. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Wasn’t a PCM they ordered. Was some sort of switch that did nothing to fix the issue.
  17. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Mechanic refused to do this after I mentioned someone on the forum suggested this. He was adamant it’s not a battery issue…yet he’s had the truck 4 weeks and can’t figure it out himself…I think I hurt his ego suggesting a fix.
  18. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Went in to see the truck Tuesday after they said it was fixed…nope, still not fixed. Mechanic came out and hooked up the computer, said an entire computer is not communicating and he will need to replace 3 modules and that should do the trick…my question to him was “what’s wrong with the current...
  19. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    31 days without my truck…..after waiting 6 months to get it
  20. My PowerBoost is essentially dead

    Update: PCM never arrived, back ordered and could be months….. Going to contact Ford Canada to either speed up the process or buyback the truck.




Top