Sponsored

Search results

  1. Anyone use Pirelli Scorpion ATR's? Sorry meant to say NOT FACTORY ones, purchased after and not the Plus model. Standard ATR

    I think a lot of us have these as factory options on our 20s, though I think there is a difference between the OEM tire and what you might get off the shelf at a tire shop, with the OEM tire being lighter, shallower tread depth and all around less aggressive (the ATR is pretty mild to begin...
  2. Extended Chrome Running Boards & Wheel Size

    I have the extended running boards on my truck. Didn't necessarily spec them myself or seek them out, just so happened the truck I found had them as an option. I think they look okay, and they do provide a little bit of extra function for reaching into the bed. As for 20in vs 18in, kind of just...
  3. About 535 hours of life so far for my Powerboost

    Hit the "menu" button on the steering wheel, go to "Truck Info", then "Engine Information", should be in there along with oil life. Here's mine (XLT 302A) - I'm at about 162 engine-on hours with almost 10k miles, total vehicle hours are probably 200-250 (I do reset Trip 2 before longer road...
  4. About 535 hours of life so far for my Powerboost

    There is an engine hour meter that's buried in a menu in the gauge cluster that is true engine running hours (i.e. doesn't count when engine is off, even when vehicle is moving). Might be a way to cross-reference overall vehicle hours vs true engine run hours. It's cool to see the average-mpg...
  5. Apple Maps turn indicator in instrument cluster

    Interesting that this is 'new' for you guys with (I'm assuming) the full LCD cluster. My XLT 302A has had this since the day I bought it back in May (was a January build). I've been looking for a way to turn it off, as it sometimes randomly pops up with directions/instructions that cover the...
  6. Towing performance issues (2021 Lariat 2.7)

    I don't think it's a safety issue per se. As long as you are using a trailer brake controller, weight distributing hitch that's set up properly, and some common sense, you probably won't run into any safety issues, you probably just won't be winning any races with the trailer hitched up. My only...
  7. Towing performance issues (2021 Lariat 2.7)

    You're asking a lot for a little 2.7L. You're dang near the max weight, and probably over the frontal area guidance based on Ford's towing guide (attached). A quick search of your trailer shows its about 8ft x 10ft. Aerodynamic drag increases exponentially with both speed and size, and running...
  8. Brake failure today

    Should be on your window sticker. Should also have month/year on the white weight and tire sticker in the door jamb.
  9. Brake failure today

    Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. Dealer is replacing the hydraulic control module (basically the electronic brake booster). Definitely not okay that brakes are failing in these things. There was a recall for this issue, but only on 50 trucks. I'm guessing it affects a lot more than 50 of...
  10. PSA: Check your fuses for full seating!

    Same here, checked both my Powerboost and my sister's 3.5L and pretty much all the fuses and relays needed a good push. Thanks for the PSA! ?
  11. Brake booster recall announced for 2021 F-150

    Just found this thread and had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Truck is a Powerboost XLT built Jan 28th, but not on the recall list. Happened at about 6600 miles. Wife and I were in the middle of rural Iowa on our way from Michigan to western South Dakota and as we slowed to come...
  12. Does your truck fit in your garage?

    I know an F150 will physically fit in my garage (tested that a few years ago with a work truck, and when I owned that orange thing ?), but since I plan on keeping my wife and my boat around a little longer, the F150 stays in the driveway. Guess it's time to find a house with a bigger garage ?‍♂️
  13. 4/26 Build Week

    I ended up buying a truck off the lot a little over a month ago, but have still been tracking the truck I ordered. Yesterday it finally flipped to awaiting shipment and looks like it'll be at the dealer end of this week or early next week. @spectre446 Received @mattchops ??? @Ford4Ever...
  14. Raptor Bed Liner DIY'd

    Looks good! I did the same to my 2019 Ranger and it seemed to hold up pretty well. Want to do the same to my F150, but probably need to upgrade my air compressor first. Not sure my little 8 gallon is up to the task again ? How many bottles/coats did you do?
  15. Pro Trailer Assist

    I would consider myself to be fairly competent when it comes to backing a trailer, but figured that since the truck came with the feature I'd give it a try. Setup on my boat trailer was pretty easy, took all of about 10 minutes including calibrating it. I will say there is definitely a learning...
  16. What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

    Here's the final summary frim my trip last week from Detroit to western SoDak and back. Pretty impressed with the mileage this thing gets. For comparison, I did this same trip on 3 different occasions with my 2019 Ranger (which also has a 24mpg highway fuel economy label), and averaged 19.8...
  17. Post more pictures owners!!!

    My parent's driveway is starting to look like one of Ford's holding lots, except all our F150s are complete and fully functional ? My 2021 XLT (black), my sister's 2021 XLT (blue), and my dad's 2014 ? all have the 3.5L (with mine also being a powerboost).
  18. What kind of MPG mileage are you getting with your Powerboost?

    Just did a drive from my house just outside of Detroit to my parent's place in western SoDak. A little over 1200 miles, only had to stop once for fuel! Pretty impressed with it so far. ? I track my mileage in a Google sheet, so we'll see how this compares to the pump when I fill the tank again.
  19. AGATE BLACK F-150 (2021+) Club

    After telling myself I'd never have another black vehicle, and my last two being bright orange, I just couldn't stay away from the agate black F-150. Just looks way too good!




Top