I did make it to the dealer and they did not find any issues with the battery. They did fix my auto up window with a "switch re-learn"... didn't know that was a thing. Since the week before my visit to the dealer (which I quoted above), the truck has been functioning 100%. This is after...
When the wife and I moved to Nevada, we really wanted some shop space to park our vehicles out of the sun/weather and have room for my tools and our projects. We lucked out big time! The measurements escape me at the moment but it's a "T-shaped" space that can fit 3 vehicles of almost any size...
Under the smaller rear seat, there is a box for a small 12V battery. I've heard it referred to as the "keep alive" battery that will preserve settings even if you remove the 12V battery under the hood.
I've got a 23' PB XLT that is lightly equipped. I've got a payload of 1648. My only mods are a spray in bed liner.. not sure how much weight that actually takes up. If you're willing to forego an apparently literal 1/4 ton of creature comforts, you can get a reasonable-ish payload even with a...
When the pro power on board system is active AND you have something plugged in that draws more than 200W... yes. It will reflect the power consumption.
:oops:
Did NOT know this little bit of info. I guess I haven't really done too much harm since my truck is still pretty new. In fact, I just realized that since I reset the BMS after the last charging session with my NOCO Genius5... I haven't any lower power mode events. That's after letting...
THANKFULLY, your question is silly, yes. For the record, the tender is connected with the positive lead to red terminal on the battery, I connect the black lead to the ground location on the frame that runs to the BMS sensor. The truck definitely recognizes the charge because full...
YES!!! Once you start that then you have to be able to do all the 80's sounds. Airwolf... He-Man going on about having the power and GreySkull... ThunderCats.... It would be so annoying but so much fun.
Rant incoming, I apologize in advance. Has anyone else noticed increased intervals between "power-saver battery states" once you start putting your battery on a tender? When I started getting the battery saver warnings, I picked up a NOCO Genius5 and started charging my battery overnight...
I never got a chance to get to that dealer. My wife and I were using the dealership trip as an excuse to do some shopping. However, the dealership insisted that they would need the truck a minimum of one day to test the battery. We live 2.5 hours away. The first person I spoke to before they...
I have a 2023 XLT powerboost. It's a daily driver and I have a short commute. If I put a battery tender on overnight, after my first drive the next day, the truck is working perfectly as the BMS has a chance to confirm re-activation of all the doodads. However, before my workday ends, I'm...
You definitely have some homework to do. The particular unit I use allows you to bolt the cables directly to the battery terminals and then run the cable to a spot you can access the plug from while the hood is shut. I have a shop I can park my truck in so I don't have to worry about that. If...
As far as I know, they're all AGM batteries. However, I believe the standard EcoBoost trucks can accept a battery with more cells than the PowerBoost battery tray will allow. Someone else that knows a lot more than I do will hopefully chime in!
Battery tenders are automatic battery chargers and maintainers for motor vehicles. They're typically used for vehicles that are being stored long term, like a sports car you park in the garage for the winter season or a motorcycle you don't ride often. This is a pretty common issue for...
There are several members here with PowerBoost trucks that keep them on a trickle charger if they go long stretches without driving. I'm a fan of the NOCO Genius product line. Super easy to use and they give you the option to leave the harness connected to your battery full time so you can just...