I've got just a little experience with the BlueCruise in my 2021 F-150. The install at the dealer was over a 3 day period of time but recalls and tow mirror installations were done as well.
I'm pleased but not incredibly impressed so far. At this time I'm thinking of it as a safety measure...
Dropped my F-150 on Sunday so that they'd start on it on Monday. They say it will be ready for me first thing in the morning.
Net effect is that it was a Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to do the recalls (insulation and trailering problem) as well as the BlueCruise update/installation as well...
I'm scheduled to drop off my 2021 F-150 for some recalls, installation of tow mirrors, and they will also be updating the software so that I have Blue Cruise.
I mentioned to the service people at the dealership that the Blue Cruise could be done OTA and I got simultaneous snorts. Their...
My in-town commutes at this time are typically in the 18-21 mpg range. With really good conditions I'm getting more like 23 mpg and I have gotten higher a time or two. We are chilly (30s-40s) here in the mornings which is about 1/2 of what I drive and when warmer things are a bit better...
Well, I ended up making something quite similar. I was able to do it quick and dirty so that if the forecast is sufficiently friendly tomorrow I'll be able to go.
Right now the Yosemite trip tomorrow is looking a bit iffy. My tires aren't going to be upgraded any time soon but I've got 250...
If you think you may need the 4x4 capacity (at least in a limited fashion) then sure, the AWD/4A is really not a bad way to go. I'd not expect a big mileage hit.
If I take another shot at Yosemite tomorrow I'll likely make use of that mode because it is supposed to be snowing much of the day...
I do like the tubs better. I might go with smaller ones 'cuz this old cuss no longer has a great back.
I've got the OEM bedliner so I really may not need the carpet should I go this way.
Also, one very nice thing is that storing this flat rack would be pretty easy.
To address several:
Mine is 4x4 with an electric locker. I never put it into 4x4 mode but left it in 2-wheel drive. There's really no doubt that I'd have done better backing into the snow if I'd put it into 4x4 mode but I didn't care all that much but was very impressed that locking up the...
Quite helpful indeed! I'll need to check out the hardware options and I'm betting I could build something like that fence without too much trouble.
I'm not enjoying the price for the lead so I'll be trying to see if I can find tractor weights and such cheaper - I'm not betting on it, though.
Thank you. Yeah, I like them for most purposes.
I was unable to find the "3-Peaks" logo on the sidewalls which is a good bit of the reason I asked the dealer. I'm not confident about the dealership's answer.
I have the '21 King Ranch and the stock tires. Those are the Pirelli Scorpion AT tires supposedly developed for the current F-150.
On Saturday we went up to Yosemite. There was a modest amount of snow up there and was quite beautiful.
Things were also rather slick in some areas. We took it...
I don't get the EPA City mpg. But I'm usually doing under 4 miles and the engine is therefore cold for much of the drive. It may be a little better with Premium so I'm feeding it with that.
On the highway? Under good conditions I can exceed the 24mpg just fine.
Not a chance I'm going to...
Trip to Yosemite today. About 1/2 was pretty flat land although on the way back we had a lot of slow-and-go due to law enforcement activity due to a semi-tractor-trailer that didn't want to stop.
About 1/2 was either hills or mountains.
Average was 23mpg. That's better than I would have...
I've got the hardware but haven't paid for the BlueCruise. Heck, I may choose to never buy the BlueCruise or not purchase it until it can do lane changes and/or tow.
So I figure I'm sort of intermediate. I can understand irritation on the part of those who have paid for BlueCruise and haven't...
If I could, I'd rather have only temporary suppression of the pedestrian alert system. Mostly for special occasions such as when I'm in a wildlife area or in a campground at night.
It appears to be illegal to disable the system if you are a professional entity but it doesn't appear to be...
I got the 5.5 foot bed but I bought off the lot. If there had been a 6.5 foot I may have gotten it because that extra foot really does matter.
But even with the 5.5 foot my turning radius is not too good and my PowerBoost doesn't quite fit into a fair number of parking spaces.
You have to...
Mine is two months old tomorrow. About 1150 miles.
No problems so far other than that I'm generally not getting the 24mpg in the city. That may have to do with my route and how I drive, but I'm actually pretty careful about the go-pedal and almost all of my braking is regenerative (mechanical...
OK, first I should point out that I'm not an authority on this and I don't think that I am. But I've been reading a bit from diverse sources and tracking where things seem to be going.
As I perceive things the primary benefit to the PowerBoost is the generator and the second selling point...