Sponsored

Search results

  1. Warning for those using the BM-2 Bluetooth Battery Monitor

    This is exactly why I chose not to buy one. I'm not putting some unknown Chinese company's app on my phone.
  2. New battery; H7 or H8?

    Bummer. I guess I got lucky. I would still go with an H8 without cover and just keep looking for one in stock. If your OCD is too powerful to overcome, an H7 would still be an upgrade.
  3. New battery; H7 or H8?

    You said before you ordered it. What happened? I received the one I ordered on Tuesday.
  4. Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit - updated with information

    Yep Ford about tripled the price of the Lariat steering wheels, probably when they realized people were buying them for the heated function. Similar situation to the cost of tow mirrors. They are a $50 option from the factory but about $600 (last time I checked) if you want to buy them after...
  5. New battery; H7 or H8?

    I just ordered one yesterday from Autonation Ford White Bear Lake on Fordparts.com. $22.75 plus tax with free FedEx Ground shipping. It's already on its way to me.
  6. New battery; H7 or H8?

    Here is the tab I'm talking about on the back side/engine side of the battery. There are actually multiple tabs as seen in the second photo.
  7. New battery; H7 or H8?

    Great explanation. This is what I will do when I replace my original H6 with an H8. I incorrectly stated earlier that my truck came with an H7. There isn't a huge difference between an H7 and H8, but I was just looking at my nearest Costco a few days ago and they have the same price. No point...
  8. New battery; H7 or H8?

    So what's the deal with the plastic tab in the battery tray? Some are cutting it out and some aren't. Are some people just ignoring the tab or do we have different battery trays? Mine definitely has the tab that appears to help hold the H7 battery in place. An H8 would sit right on top of it if...
  9. Tire Rotation: Does the Method Really Matter?

    My Nokian winter tires are directional, so a simple front to back swap to rotate those. I think directional is more common with winter/snow tires.
  10. New Tire Time -- Have a ~6,500 lb travel trailer...stick with 18s or get 20s?

    I'll be going with an XL rated tire when my stock tires are worn out. They are a nice compromise for a daily driver that does some towing. I tow a travel trailer about the same weight as yours. E rated truck tires are overkill for a daily driver. No doubt they will perform the best for towing...
  11. ⚠️ Recall: Electronic Parking Brake Unintended Activation -- affects 870K F-150 (from 2021-23 model years w/ single exhaust system)

    This is absolutely true, and you can't blame Ford for taking this stance. There are a lot of people out there who can and have properly fixed issues like this themselves. Unfortunately there will always be idiots who screw them up. Obviously Ford is not going to take ownership of some idiot's...
  12. Factory catalytic converter protection

    Good info here for anyone looking to order parts. My nearest dealer had it listed for $159. A dealer about 40 minutes away had it listed for $124, before the $20 off. Since shipping is free, I saved myself the drive. I received all the parts the next day. Total cost after tax, $152. I did not...
  13. Tire pressure sensor faults

    Only when I am towing, but it doesn't happen every time. The first time it happened I was worried I had a leak or a tire that might blow out on the highway.
  14. ⚠️ Recall: Electronic Parking Brake Unintended Activation -- affects 870K F-150 (from 2021-23 model years w/ single exhaust system)

    I guess you missed my post about my 1/21 build! It looks like there is really no consistency between these builds. One truck has the issue and the next doesn't.
  15. Installed Bilstein 4600 on rear suspension of 2021 F-150 XLT

    I decided to go with the 4600s over the 5100s. Here are a few photos in case anyone else is having doubts about the 4600's colors like I was. The yellow is definitely noticeable from the sides, but I can live with it.
  16. ⚠️ Recall: Electronic Parking Brake Unintended Activation -- affects 870K F-150 (from 2021-23 model years w/ single exhaust system)

    1/21 build. Definitely sitting on top of the axle. I don't see any spots where it has worn through yet. 21,500 miles.
  17. Bilstein 5100 rear shock corrosion after only 1 year

    I was also thinking about painting whichever ones I end up getting, but then I came across this thread: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/bilstein-shock-refinishing-513475/index3/ So it sounds like putting a clear coat on them is not worth our time. I was also thinking about putting some fluid...
  18. Installed Bilstein 4600 on rear suspension of 2021 F-150 XLT

    Anyone with the 4600s on the rear- would you be so kind to post a photo or two from the side of the truck? I am either going to buy the 4600s or 5100s. I'd like to save a few bucks with the 4600s, but I just don't know if I will hate the yellow color.
  19. Bilstein 5100 rear shock corrosion after only 1 year

    I had 5100s on my last F150 and they looked about the same as yours after one winter. I'm in MN also. It's definitely the biggest bummer with the Bilsteins. That said, I'm not sure how long it would take to have any effect on performance. Probably a number of years. I'm looking into...
  20. Request VIN Lookup Thread

    My Job 1 2021 received 4.2.4 last week. I never thought my truck would catch up without FDRS intervention. Well almost, isn't 4.3.2 available now? Would someone with FDRS please let me know what other updates are available for my truck? I'm curious to see what might still be out there...




Top