Sponsored

3/28 Build Week Group

James Cockrill

Well-known member
First Name
James
Joined
Jul 8, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
67
Reaction score
59
Location
Charleston, SC
Vehicles
'04 Ford F-150 FX4
F me...Chip hold....
Same here. Chip Hold. I mean it could be worse, could be scheduled for production and have the week cancelled. Still it sucks either way:

Ford F-150 3/28 Build Week Group 1649168530015


Clarification on the date. My microchip is scheduled to be installed on April 22nd.

Ford F-150 3/28 Build Week Group 1649168798106


It will have the status changed once the microchip is installed - until then it will be listed as "in production"

Ford F-150 3/28 Build Week Group 1649168931855
Sponsored

 
OP
OP
kevdog0710

kevdog0710

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Feb 11, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
862
Location
South East Pennsylvania
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Same here. Chip Hold. I mean it could be worse, could be scheduled for production and have the week cancelled. Still it sucks either way:

1649168530015.webp


Clarification on the date. My microchip is scheduled to be installed on April 22nd.

1649168798106.png


It will have the status changed once the microchip is installed - until then it will be listed as "in production"

1649168931855.webp
Fingers will remain crossed
 

SCandTC

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 20, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
155
Reaction score
104
Location
USA
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
Well none of this is good news. We have 3 guys with a truck that shipped?
 

NewToFord

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 12, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
649
Reaction score
588
Location
US
Vehicles
F150
Microchip! Lol. As if some ford guy is going to walk around to parked trucks, pop the hood and solder in a “microchip” to some obscure pcb.

these are modules, like Lego blocks, a single module has dozens of “microchips” and functions.
Not directed at you @kevdog0710 , just that these ford folks thinks we are very gullible, but then again the contact center agents are just giving you a script.
 

trexus

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 18, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
78
Reaction score
66
Location
WA
Vehicles
2016 F160 XLT
There go my hopes that not adding BlueCruise would save me from chip purgatory. Not even going to bother with chat. Hopefully late April works out like they said and we aren't banished to Ice Mountain like the January lot (and I think some are still waiting).
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
kevdog0710

kevdog0710

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Feb 11, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
862
Location
South East Pennsylvania
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Microchip! Lol. As if some ford guy is going to walk around to parked trucks, pop the hood and solder in a “microchip” to some obscure pcb.

these are modules, like Lego blocks, a single module has dozens of “microchips” and functions.
Not directed at you @kevdog0710 , just that these ford folks thinks we are very gullible, but then again the contact center agents are just giving you a script.
I've had a smooth process so far, I've been waiting on the bad news. So I guess this is to be expected. Its hard to put any certainty into any info you get since it seems to constantly change. I have an email into my dealer, I've never asked him to check the VVR. Ill update when/if he gets back to me
 

scott011422

Well-known member
First Name
Scott
Joined
Feb 17, 2022
Threads
41
Messages
921
Reaction score
658
Location
60178
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Ford chat for me this morning also said I was on a chip hold. Factoring the chip hold they were estimating delivery to my dealer on the 17th.
 

Majorplane

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
556
Reaction score
389
Location
Louisiana
Vehicles
2016 F150
Ford Chat. The marketing lady told me dealer delivery on the 25th yesterday, the online chat said chip hold with the delivery of the 25th. I assume chip delivery is the 25th.
What does the VVR from the dealer say?
 

auromed

Well-known member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
48
Reaction score
55
Location
NC
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 500a Powerboost
Microchip! Lol. As if some ford guy is going to walk around to parked trucks, pop the hood and solder in a “microchip” to some obscure pcb.

these are modules, like Lego blocks, a single module has dozens of “microchips” and functions.
Not directed at you @kevdog0710 , just that these ford folks thinks we are very gullible, but then again the contact center agents are just giving you a script.
They still need the microchip to build the module. If the board is available, but the chip isn't. It's still a microchip that's causing the issue. The chat agents know how to look things up and give a high level answer that is a generic bit of info on status. They are also doing warranty, support and other functions. Most people would have no understanding if they gave details about which module / chip was being waited on.

I do think Ford needs to look into their visibility and tracking / status systems though. There should be a nice overview page like they have now, with the ability to dig into each step if wanted.

It's frustrating for sure, and crazy that they'd create a blend date for a truck that doesn't have all the parts. I feel like a lot of manufacturers are going to revisit their just in time strategy for acquiring parts
 

Sponsored


Majorplane

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Threads
4
Messages
556
Reaction score
389
Location
Louisiana
Vehicles
2016 F150
Well none of this is good news. We have 3 guys with a truck that shipped?
I didn’t think so. Several of us, myself included are built, but I don’t recall seeing any shipped yet.
 
OP
OP
kevdog0710

kevdog0710

Well-known member
First Name
Kevin
Joined
Feb 11, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
1,202
Reaction score
862
Location
South East Pennsylvania
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I'm sure each of us has faced real adversity and real life issues in the past. Thank God I handle life better than I handle waiting on a truck I wanted but didn't actually need!
 

auromed

Well-known member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Threads
0
Messages
48
Reaction score
55
Location
NC
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 500a Powerboost
I'm sure each of us has faced real adversity and real life issues in the past. Thank God I handle life better than I handle waiting on a truck I wanted but didn't actually need!
Exactly... I even have a range of dates when mine should arrive, but I can't help but keep clicking to see if it's on a truck somewhere. We are so spoiled with tracking of shipments, and getting detailed info on orders from all the online vendors that it's hard to be patient and just wait till the provided date gets close.
 

Rickey498

Well-known member
First Name
Rickey
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
60
Reaction score
45
Location
Ofallon MO
Vehicles
2014 Ford F150
Occupation
Carpenter
I'm sure each of us has faced real adversity and real life issues in the past. Thank God I handle life better than I handle waiting on a truck I wanted but didn't actually need!
What plant was yours built at?
 
 







Top