Sponsored

Torn Moonroof Seal?

Platty_PB

Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
2021 Platinum PowerBoost SuperCrew
Noticed today that the seal on my moonroof has a tear in it. It is on the passenger side, non-operable portion (rear) and looks like the motorized panel may have gouged it as it went across. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Sponsored

 

GolfR

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Threads
2
Messages
344
Reaction score
313
Location
Maryland
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Are you sure it wasn’t like that from the factory? I realized that mine wasn’t installed right from the beginning. It was rolled over and pinched under the glass panel. They had to replace the whole back panel.
 
OP
OP

Platty_PB

Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Threads
1
Messages
17
Reaction score
3
Location
Colorado
Vehicles
2021 Platinum PowerBoost SuperCrew
Are you sure it wasn’t like that from the factory? I realized that mine wasn’t installed right from the beginning. It was rolled over and pinched under the glass panel. They had to replace the whole back panel.
I guess I can't be certain that it wasn't. My concern is whether they are going to tell me it's my fault and I have to pay for it. I've never had much luck with dealer service departments so maybe I'm being a bit pessimistic
 

Ford Motor Company

Well-known member
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Joined
May 26, 2021
Threads
15
Messages
2,830
Reaction score
1,449
Location
Dearborn
Vehicles
F-150
Noticed today that the seal on my moonroof has a tear in it. It is on the passenger side, non-operable portion (rear) and looks like the motorized panel may have gouged it as it went across. Anyone else had a similar issue?
Good evening! I want to see what I can do to assist with your moonroof issue. Can you please send a message with your VIN so I can look into this on my end?
Sponsored

 
 







Top