guppydriver
Well-known member
- Thread starter
- #1
Even though my truck won't be built until June, I'm already looking at wheels because I don't like the 18" stock chrome's that much.
The problem is I know nothing about wheels/tires but I am taking baby steps. Anyway, I want to get a wheel that at least has the same load rating as the stock wheels because I tow a boat during the summer. (7-8k pounds)
I see some wheels with a 2500 pound rating, some more. Being that there is no way the rear axle limit is more than 5000 pounds and the GVWR is less than 8000, is it safe to assume that a 2500 pound load rating is sufficient or should I be looking for wheels with more weight carrying capability?
Also, any guess how much the 18 stock chromes weigh? I don't want to get a wheel that weighs significantly more, because part of the reason I ordered a PB was for better fuel economy.
Sorry for the neophyte questions, like I said I've been on tire rack's site and google just trying to learn the basics.
The problem is I know nothing about wheels/tires but I am taking baby steps. Anyway, I want to get a wheel that at least has the same load rating as the stock wheels because I tow a boat during the summer. (7-8k pounds)
I see some wheels with a 2500 pound rating, some more. Being that there is no way the rear axle limit is more than 5000 pounds and the GVWR is less than 8000, is it safe to assume that a 2500 pound load rating is sufficient or should I be looking for wheels with more weight carrying capability?
Also, any guess how much the 18 stock chromes weigh? I don't want to get a wheel that weighs significantly more, because part of the reason I ordered a PB was for better fuel economy.
Sorry for the neophyte questions, like I said I've been on tire rack's site and google just trying to learn the basics.
Sponsored