Sponsored

Search results

  1. Engine won’t turn off in generator mode. Dealer has no fix. Help!

    Same issue here very frustrating. I’m camping off grid with truck in generator mode. If I leave it connected all night it will cycle normally for several hours but eventually it will fail to turn off and settle into perpetual idle. I can now tell exactly when this happens. Normally it will...
  2. Turbo boost oscillations while towing

    No change in RPM, just chirping from the turbo which sounds like waste gate flapping. I noticed it happened a lot less with cruise control on, but not 100%. I'll try to get a CarScan data record next time.
  3. Turbo boost oscillations while towing

    Rarely. I can try this next time I'm towing. I have experimented with WOT unloaded in Sport mode a few times, but that's it.
  4. Turbo boost oscillations while towing

    When towing a 5,000lb trailer in both normal and tow/haul mode, at low RPM with mid boost demand ( low throttle demand) the boost pressure will start to oscillate violently. I assume this is the waste gate flapping. I can break the condition by either adding or removing throttle input. I...
  5. 7.2 kW generator retrofit?

    I’m in the same situation as the OP. I had to settle for the 2.4 since it was the only truck I could get. I asked about the retrofit and the dealer told me that in addition to the cost of the parts and technical challenge getting everything to work right, he said software updates would probably...
  6. Consumer Reports List Powerboost On Least Reliable

    I believe the CR rating in question is “Predicted Reliability” It’s not clear what their methodology is for such predictions. I knew this thing was going to be a bit of a gamble. I traded a Lightning for the PB because I need to tow where there are no fast chargers but I really want robust power...
  7. Truck Not Shutting off in Generator Mode

    I noticed the same run-on problem with my new ‘22 PB Lariat powering a 21’ travel trailer. The truck was cycling normally for several hours but right about midnight I noticed the engine was low idling and not shutting down. It was late so I decided to shut the truck off. No problem next morning...




Top