I find a through knowledge of Blue Cruise, when to use it and when not, is necessary. Then once you know what to expect it’s time to fully evaluate it. Your findings gave me the impression you are trying it on non- limited access highways, 2 lane state roads and secondary town/city roads in...
During the paranoia period (after 9/11) I was told I couldn’t park in one of the closer lots at Bradley Int. Airport in Ct. because of tinting… and it came from the factory that way! A Nerp Cherokee. Today, in Ct. they offer 3 levels of tint and that’s all they advertise in their showroom.. I...
Just got notified yesterday of an OTA update was coming this morning at 2:00am. My 2021 F-150 Supercab Lariat took an OTA update that screwed up the volume settings on my sound system. I waited out the corrective update and got it last night. All seems to be back where it was before the...
8/20/24: Just got this notice to update the sound system which is the standard B&O system that came with my 2021 F-150 Supercab Lariat. I hope it refers to correcting a previous update that lowered my max volume during phone calls with “CarPlay” among other things! It looks like the same update...
There’s only 3 reasons I can think of for using a plastic drain plug with the oil pan… There is no danger of cross threading and damaging the threads in the metal oil pan, shaving an ounce or two off of gross vehicle weight and cheaper manufacturing costs, plastic vs metal. But plastic wears...
The other driver may be at fault but those insurance companies don’t care who was at fault… they look at how many accidents you were involved in, NOT responsible for, and after a few your rates go up anyways. I have a safe driver clause where I save a few hundred off the cost for insurance… that...
My 5.0 L takes 7.8 qts of oil… and the last time I stopped by at Valvoline drive thru it cost me over $100 for the synthetic blend the truck came with! (I realize the OP does his own oil changes and his post has got me thinking about doing the same… saving about $50 each change. What really...
Yea, well, they all have the ability to gain entry… even if the battery had been removed and the truck had been locked! A quick search on the internet would have shown where to insert the key.
A word of caution regardless of antenna or age of vehicle… NEVER leave antenna attached to the body of the truck. The horror stories are out there complete with pics that dictate the need to remove antennas if you use a car wash with the big brushes and slap chamois. It’s not a case of “if” but...
This is what I do with a portable generator. The truck would take the place of my portable generator… First, remember to turn off the feed from the street. (The power that comes into your fuse box or breaker box. It’s usually a large rocker switch on the outside of the box. Some boxes can’t be...
I didn’t have any issues with Ford failing to notify… I had to find the link on my own but it notified me of build date VIN# assignment, etc. I think the blame is valid when placed on Ford but it’s not Ford and the customer, more like they dropped the ball communicating with dealerships. I...
I’ve got the antimatter blue on a 21 Lariat and there are times I wonder why I bothered as mostly, it looks black… then the sun hits it just right and I smile… it’s those little surprises that make life more enjoyable!
I believe once a VIN # is issued no additional changes can be made. I wanted to add an option to my ‘21 but the VIN# had been assigned so it wasn’t happening. But, there were additional avenues I was advised of, one being the possibility of starting anew, ordering a ‘22. It came with certain...
I have the same system and agree with your findings. But… the TV show “60 Minutes” did a segment on autonomous driving. A trucking firm running 18 wheelers on Florida’s limited access highways… with no one on board… absolutely no one! And they didn’t say if they had a chase car along for the...
I recently took delivery of my 2021 F-150 Lariat and noticed immediately the difference in ride when compared to my 2011 F-150. The new is a Supercab w/ a6.5 ft bed. The old was a reg cab XLT with a 8 ft bed. I believe the wheelbase is the same but the ride is a dream in the new. My question is...