Sponsored

Search results

  1. Trailer lights flickering when parked and off?

    My 2021 does the same thing with LED trailer lights. I'm guessing it has to do with the security feature that you mentioned that trips the alarm if the trailer is disconnected. My RV has incandescent lights and you never see them illuminate. I've never had an issue leaving either one of them...
  2. Google Maps, CarPlay & TBT Navigation

    I just noticed the TBT in my 2021 XLT with 302A yesterday. I usually use the onboard navigation so I don't know how long it's been that way. Not more than a few weeks though.
  3. Speedometer Recalculation for 35" Tires

    I agree with the responses above. Get ForScan and the OBDLink adapter and you will be able to do it yourself. There are lots of articles on this forum about using ForScan and you'll be able to tweak more than your tire size if want to. I tried calculating the new circumference and the...
  4. 4 Low to get over a rock and BAM!, something broke and now the front wheels don't drive

    To close this loop, I took it to the dealer and they found teeth damaged on the wheel bearing and replaced the hub assembly, drive axle and IWE on the right side. Ford covered the repair so I made out better than I expected. I haven't tested the 4WD yet myself and will provide an update here...
  5. 4 Low to get over a rock and BAM!, something broke and now the front wheels don't drive

    I wouldn't be able to get my trailer out of the yard if I didn't use 4x4. I've isolated the break to the driver's side front. Neither the drive axle or the wheel turn when it slips, which it only does under load. I was hoping it was just the IWEs since I knew I could change those myself.
  6. 4 Low to get over a rock and BAM!, something broke and now the front wheels don't drive

    You are correct. I did shift into neutral and allow the truck to roll to engage 4L before I attempted to back up.
  7. 4 Low to get over a rock and BAM!, something broke and now the front wheels don't drive

    I have a 2021 XLT, FX4, 3.5EB with 70kmi. I was in 4HI, backing a large RV up into a campsite and trying to push it up on to leveling ramps and a rock, when it just wouldn't move so I engaged 4LO attempting to get more torque to the wheels. As soon as I gave it gas I heard a load bam and then...
  8. Failed emissions inspection, unable to connect.

    Since this thread is active again, I figured I'd provide an update. For 2024, I just went to the dealer and they did the inspection. I just had my 2025 inspection performed at my local shop again and they were able to complete without a problem. It must be the OTA updates took care of the issue.
  9. **QUICK QUESTION** Plastic plug in bed of truck, what's it for???

    This is where the push-button switch for the optional bed lights would be. The elongated plug above it is where the light would be. I don't see any reason not to use it.
  10. Failed emissions inspection, unable to connect.

    So, I took it to the local Ford dealer and they DID NOT do the update as shown in SSM 50602, but did manage to get the truck to pass the inspection by doing the "workaround" shown in SSM 51411 (I assume). I guess we'll have to wait a year to see I have the same struggles or if Ford puts out an...
  11. Drive Modes - Is there a Max MPH for making safe changes?

    I've seen this message appear as well. Assumed it was normal and I was accelerating so it made sense to me. Do I need to tell my dealer about this?
  12. Failed emissions inspection, unable to connect.

    It's good to know that we are not alone. I have also used Forscan to make some minor changes and wondered if that had anything to do with it. Based on the document sent by zacko11288 above, I think I'm in the clear and will let the dealer do the update. I just need to make it until next week...
  13. Failed emissions inspection, unable to connect.

    This is why I joined this forum! Thank you very much.
  14. Failed emissions inspection, unable to connect.

    Has anyone had their local independent garage not be able to perform a New York State emissions inspection because they could not connect to it? They suggested that I go to the Ford dealer. One dealer mentioned that they have seen this before and I may need a software update. Curious if...
  15. "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

    Had the same issue for the last 14 months, just had some of the recalls taken care of and dealer "Checked OASIS, found TSB 22-2186. Reprogrammed IPC as per TSB." A week later this does seem to have addressed the issue.
  16. What changes when Tow/Haul mode is used?

    It does not, and you wouldn't want it to. The diff lock is for off road or slippery conditions and scuffs the tires when turning.
  17. Trailer brake question

    First, I am not an expert, just another truck owner, but I found that the indicator did light up when the truck thought it needed to apply the trailer brakes, based on how hard I was stopping. For example, with an empty trailer, and an easy stop, the truck didn't apply any trailer braking, but...
  18. Trailer brake question

    Mine does the same thing. I think it is normal because it works when I'm actually stopping. I believe the accelerometer is used to determine how much braking is needed. This is overridden when using the manual control.




Top