I’ve had a similar experience. Called to setup a replacement with the new axles. Told them that I had already had them replaced a couple years ago but wanted the new ones done. Asked if he needed my VIN and he said no. Asked him if they had the axles available and he said no problem. He...
A loaner would have gone a long way to keep me from being pissed.
BTW, the valve covers were not leaking. At least not to the outside of the engine. It’s as clean as the day it left Dearborn.
UPDATE-FIXED?
Now have over 1,700 miles since picking up my truck from the dealer. No detectable oil consumption at this time (however, the idiot that filled the crankcase with fresh oil did overfill it).
Repair involved the replacement of the 2 valve covers, PCV valve and an oil and filter...
FINALLY! I got my truck back yesterday. 33 days, no loaner, tons of grief. Runs, drives and sounds like it did when new. We shall see if the 2 valve covers and PCV valve fix the problem. I’ve rarely checked oil between changes on any of my cars…in decades. Now I guess I’ll have to check it at...
Service Advisor called yesterday evening and said the rest of the parts made it there. Hopefully I’ll get my truck back by the end of the day.
Ford sucks less today, but still sucks.
CAS-32601803-F0V8M1 CRM:0454034
Ford rep handling my case doesn’t respond to emails. Her voicemail box is full. Request for buy back/trade has been made. Service writer seems almost as frustrated as I am. He can’t get any feedback from Ford either. Waiting on a single valve cover and PCV valve. Uggghhh!
And yes, FORD STILL...
I’m in Texas as well. I have heard Texas Lemon Law is not as robust as other states such as California, but it can help in some cases. I really hate lawyers and lawsuits in general but I guess I’ll do what I have to do to get back on the road.
Day 30, no truck, Ford still sucks...
My dealer can’t get any help from Ford either. The tech is pursuing this by talking to other techs on some social media platform. They have valve covers and some PCV components on order. I suspect this problem that was known a couple of years ago still exists...
Will do. I really don’t understand why the F-150 is the number one selling truck. It ain’t for the service after the sale!
CAS-32601803-F0V8M1 CRM:0454034
Yes. That’s why I inserted this:
CAS-32601803-F0V8M1 CRM:0454034
I’ll be inserting it every subsequent post. Maybe one of their “concerned” employees will stumble across it.
I’m trying everything I can think of at this point. Fakebook, this forum, other forums. Unbelievable. I really don’t...
Powerboost by the numbers:
90 days of ownership
2 payments
5,000 miles
10 quarts of oil
29 days at dealer
0 loaner vehicles
0 fux given by Ford
CAS-32601803-F0V8M1 CRM:0454034
Be sure to keep an eye on that dipstick. My Powerboost is on its 5th week at the dealer for MASSIVE oil consumption. Don’t think it can’t happen to you. Oh, and good luck on getting a loaner. My dealer has sold every single one. Ford sucks...
Just received a call from my local Ford Service Advisor. His tech that was working on my truck was reportedly getting no help from FoMoCo. THANKS FORD! (insert sarcasm) The tech did communicate on some kind of shared platform with other techs and they think it may be some kind of PCV/valve cover...
My Powerboost has been at dealer for 2 weeks now. I just came upon this thread and find the engine replacements very interesting. It's exactly what I think i need. I DO NOT want them tearing mine apart at the dealer for them to diagnose. It only has 5,000 miles and has used 10 quarts so far...