I thought the all or nothing as well, but in researching today, according to Plug-n-Play kits' website, for the 8 channel B&O, the rear speakers are run off the head unit, getting about 15-20 watts. So, they are not part of the factory amp power. As I understand it, that either leaves keeping...
OK, I think I now see what I was missing. If I skip sending the rear speakers inputs into the PAC AmpPRO 4, and instead just wire them to the new rears directly, they'll continue to get fed by the head unit. Then everything else in the system focuses on the front stage only. What was tripping me...
@EcoBeastCA As others have said, great writeup!
I had one question - you mention you put Gladen RS in all your doors - I'm assuming that means the rear doors as well. You're also using NAV-TV, plus the Kicker 200.4. I'm doing the same with the exception that I used the PAC AmpPRO 4 instead of...
I can only speak to the PAC as that is what I am using. My experience has been great. It was easy to set up and nothing has changed as far as what I had before - feels like factory experience with all the integrations. I haven't found a single differece.
I did have to hook up the laptop to the...
Also, I didn't have to drill out the mushroom tabs that held the badge in place. I found a video - sorry I don't have a link at the moment - but the guy put painters tape around the badge on all sides and then used a plastic pry tool - think radio install tools - to remove it. I did it that way...
Sure, this is the one. Running wire
I can respect those that had concerns about leaking, but I think that is pretty remote. The fact that I got two four gauge wires (Marine grade which are thicker) routed from the battery back to the back of the cab in probably about 45 minutes or so was well...
I used the method that @EcoBeastCA showed in one of their posts. I was able to get a 4 gauge power and ground through with a bit of effort. My wires were Kicker Marine Grade and I wrapped them under the hood as well as the short bit where they run through the badge area. I'm extremely happy with...
So, if I understand this all correctly, if I go with bi-amp mode that will leave my rear speakers without an amp, which they need as they’ll be coming off the FD31. Do you have suggestions for what to go there? Thanks!
That's really good to hear that you noticed the benefit and that it was an improvement over what you had before or were used to - that helps to know.
I also have used Kenwood in the past - when I had my BMW roadster a number of years ago, it was all Kenwood eXcelon line and served me really...
It does not as it's non-DSP based. I've not had the option to do A/B comparisson between - similar in price - amps before with and without DSP, so I'm not sure what the real world experience is like. I'm sure open to DSP amps, I'm trying to learn what I'd want to listen for and what they offer...
I have a PAC AP4-FD31 on order, arriving later this week. I watched about the only YouTube video I've found on the AP4-FD31 involving the F-150, and they were putting in this KENWOOD amp. I looked it up, and it gets really good reviews. The price is about the same as the Kicker KEY 200.4 which...
That's a good point. I mis-read the OP's original post and was thinking when they put it in reverse. That's when it annoys me. I do have a trailer defined, and now that you mention it, I don't get the initial screen that they do when first starting with it connected. But, I definitely get the...
I'd love to find an answer to this as well. I haven't researched Forscan yet, but I'm hoping that might be a possibility. I've got to think this is a liability thing where they have to show the warnings when backing up with a trailer. That's the only reasonable conclusion I can come to. I think...
Yeah, I have Auto set like imnuts linked there, and it definitely works for me. The heated seat will come on at what ever level is needed based on the cabin temp, and then automatically lowers itself as the cabin warms up and eventually just turns off. Really cold mornings will start on level 3...
Updated successfully this morning. I had the notification on the screen last night that I'd be getting the update and it installed with no issues. I have been pretty lucky in that area, the OTAs have pretty much always worked fine for me when they get around to being sent out. Anyway, Job 1...
I just got the notification on my sync screen today that 4.3.2 is scheduled to update tomorrow on my truck. Crossing my fingers that this will take care of the issue. We'll see. To be fair, I haven't researched what 4.3.2 addresses, so maybe nothing will change.
Yes, I am definitely seeing it after the update. You can tell it's going south trying to load, eventually crashes/times out, then reboots itself. I actually have to use my mirrors alone (gasp!) because the backup camera is off during this whole mess. Really hoping this gets fixed as it is annoying.
"Policy leaders" == Ford Legal Department likely told him they'd be liable if customers were unable to get the notification. That, and/or legal reminded them they'd be at risk for Gov't $$ if they weren't compliant in some area. I don't buy for a minute that people talked sense into Ford, but...