As we get into the frosty time of the year, I started looking at the OBD again. SOC has been hovering around 70% (Forscan target set to 90%). Apparently a daily 20 minute commute to/from doesn't do enough to break even.
During operation, battery voltage has been 14.6 - 14.9V. As it gets...
Yes?
Dog likes local adventures. Cats have taken two cross-country trips with me. I don't tend to take pictures on the road, so here is Dumb and Dumber in their natural habitat.
I suspect that one of those numbers is a typo (best guess is that 2019 should be 2021?).
Personally, I observed symptoms of a failing battery during the first cold spell. Starting was disallowed via the FordPass app, interior lights did not come on, warning tones changed. That happened to be...
An alert popped up on my phone - Tire Pressure Monitor System Warning. The app showed about 20 PSI in the front driver-side tire. I got to work at an odd time and parked far away, so I was a bit annoyed to walk all the way back just to check. The sidewall felt bit soft to the touch and the...
I don't know. That was my question.
"Coming out of China" is a broad category. Most US companies are inclined to avoid slave labor or other violations of human rights throughout their supply chain. That adds costs that may or may not be reflected inside the CCP.
Again, asking questions. I don't...
I am curious what scope this considers. Labor in vehicle assembly? Production of each component and system that occurs outside of the factory?
I frequently see organizations refer to "labor costs" as final assembly. If a third party delivers a component or subsystem, then it is a different...
Just received my letter and struggling to get some value out of my $785 credit. I already have a tonneau, bed rug, floor mats, mud flaps, NOCO GB40 with case, bed extender, bull ring stake pocket tie downs, and dog hammock. King Ranch comes with just about everything else I could need.
We...
Thanks. That is what I ended up doing.
Thankfully, I was not expecting a panacea. DC voltage (BECM Control Module V) was sitting at 14.9V for my entire commute this morning, so the LFE BMS rightfully refused any charge.
I may try an overnight float charge to add a few amp-hours back into the...
When adding a LiFePO4 (LFE) battery, I am curious if anyone is taking any steps to match the voltage to the AGM. Or are you just slapping it in and letting a slug of current equalize them?
I just built up a 12Ah LFE battery with BMS and noticed about a 1V difference from the Aux battery. To...
This is one of the stranger "features". It is like roulette. Sometimes I land on the Android Auto screen. Sometimes I land on Settings. The only one that never happens is Audio, where I typically leave it when I turn off the truck.
Certainly more than two sides to the issue. In my current vocation, the EPA plays a measured role, monitoring trends. I get along with them quite well. Certain states are choosing to abdicate legislative authority to agencies who need to show that they are "doing something" to support...
Here we go again. Linking two recent and related threads below. Personally, I had the FordPass controls show up but they do not actually turn on the seats or steering wheel.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/just-been-noticing-remote-start-no-preset-seats-or-steering-heat.34252/...
Controls rather randomly showed up for me. Pure speculation on my part, but I can only correlate that they showed up when my battery was over some state-of-charge threshold. Not sure if anyone else's experience has been similar.
The hilarious part is that the FordPass app added climate settings to the remote start. The temperature is fine (though I rarely change that), but seat & wheel are still ignored. I even toggled them off/on this morning as a test, but no luck. Do better, Ford.
BMS - yes. It is about 9mm thickness, so I need to account for that. It might be underrated - bought the Daly 15A 4s before I was certain about my configuration. We'll see. Tough to find a small BMS with temperature protection.
Thanks for the image of the sensor squeeze. That helps me visualize...
Sorry to sidetrack. Considering a custom build in parallel using 32700 cells in the Aux battery box. The catch, is that the current sensor on the negative wire is awkwardly jammed in that space. As you can see, lots of space underutilized.
In the trucks with two AGM, where does the sensor fit...
Mine isn't that bad. Android if that matters. I tried various connection settings but still have to unplug/replug, then hit the button in the app to get it to connect.
I miss my 2012 XLT. Some of it might be nostalgia. Some of it might be expectation management. My 2024 KR has some neat features and some underwhelming features. Overall, it still feels like I am driving someone else's truck.
Lots of time before I shop for model year 2036 Gen 16 F150. Who...
I use an on-board diagnostics reader (OBDLink MX+) to catch the exact value that the truck references. In theory, you should be able to get close by measuring the battery voltage. In reality, the system does magical things like jumping 14% overnight as mine just did.