Sponsored

Search results

  1. KICKER KEY 200.4 PLUG & PLAY KIT SALE

    Thanks. Not sure if it the same. The ~$1100 system I installed came with the amp built into the subwoofer housing and the necessary wiring and connectors. No speakers included. I did make the change in Forscan to recognize the system upgrade. It's certainly better than stock, but $1,100...
  2. KICKER KEY 200.4 PLUG & PLAY KIT SALE

    I hope the system is better than the 4.1 channel Kicker I installed in my 2016!
  3. Is a 500 HP 2026 Dark Horse F-150 coming?

    I've only driven another '16 and a '13, both with the 3.5 EB. I have considered a tune and may go that route one day. I rarely tow anything or carry much load. The real concern is reliability/longevity. Also, I'm getting 17 - 21mpg, so that is a positive. And there's plenty of power above...
  4. Is a 500 HP 2026 Dark Horse F-150 coming?

    I agree with everything you said except for the torque curve. My wife's '08 Avalon 3.5 NA V6 has better torque at 2k rpm. Technology is great when it works. I'm old enough to have used a distributor testing machine to check for vacuum and mechanical spark advance curves. I like my 2016 5.0...
  5. Is a 500 HP 2026 Dark Horse F-150 coming?

    By all means, the Marketing Dept. demands the highest HP. So don't complain when your 500 HP @ 7,100 RPM truck produces 20 FT. LBS. torque at 2,000. After all, everyone of us buys a truck with the highest HP output because we just use it for the drag strip.
  6. Joshua Tree NP

    It's been several years since I've been there but most of the roads are reasonably well graded. Watch out for soft sand. 4WD's can get stuck too. You've probably seen this page.
  7. Super 8.8 differential Gasket

    Post an update in a few months so we know how well it sealed, or didn't.
  8. Starting Vehicle without start button (Theft)

    I think an immobilizer would be the best solution. I don't have one, but I keep my fob in a Faraday bag and, if I'm leaving the truck for an extended length of time in a sketchy area, I'll pull the starter relay. I made a loop of fishing line that hooks underneath the relay so it's easier to...
  9. Are the C rated Grabber APT's garbage?

    Seems you already have good knowledge/experience. There are a lot of things to consider, so setting your priorities should make your decision easier. (Note: I just lurk here on Gen14 - I have a '16 Screw 4x.) The stock Wrangler's on my truck served me much better than expected, including more...
  10. Vinyl Graphics? Post pics please

    I'd be interested in unique/weird stickers. 1X4 / 2X3 / 3X4 / 4X4.5 / 6X7 ;~)
  11. 12 VDC Battery State of Charge (SOC)

    I use this device. There are newer (better?) models.
  12. SNOW CHAIN Recommendation

    I'm also in Calif. I carry the Premium Z cables shown on this page. I have not had to use them yet, but having them gives me a little peace of mind when traveling in the mountains.
  13. Catch can price differences

    I have the JL. When I installed it, I wasn't to happy with the stiffness of the hoses. Ended up using a couple zip ties to keep the pcv valve from being pulled to the side. A couple years after I installed mine, the company came out with a larger can but I haven't pulled the trigger on that...
  14. NEW AVID Tuning device- The future is near!

    Can I use it to set the trans shift points, both up and down?




Top