Sponsored

Search results

  1. canbus layout

    After some elapsed time an update: Trailer control module replaced,No Fix Then, APIM, TRM, BCM recoded per Ford engineering, No Fix Last week, Same dealer tech revisited the issue and concluded Gateway control modue might be faulty. Gateway control module was then replaced, multiple days of...
  2. another tow weight...

    To be clear, I rolled onto the scale and recorded truck front axle, truck rear axle and trailer axle. I reasoned payload of the truck to be flexible because the hitch weight is factored into the GCVW (the sum of all axle weights.) The truck's axle weights as weighed are within the max axle...
  3. another tow weight...

    I unhooked the trailer and placed the tongue jack on the scale.
  4. another tow weight...

    Buyer 2021, your reply is spot on concise information. I may move some of the trailers payload into the empty box. The tongue weight is a little high at 330KG as measured unhooked on the scale. I have payload room in the truck. The Jayco 184bs axle gvwr is ~1600KG give or take 50KG
  5. another tow weight...

    I scaled my 2023 XLT powerboost Super crew with max tow package. GVW is 7300 LBS 3334KG for us Canadians. Payload is 749KG 1652 LBS Truck came in at 1330KG front with max of 1701KG on label 1530KG rear with tongue weight on the scale. The rear axle max is 1882KG on label Trailer came in at...
  6. canbus layout

    Sceptical about what exactly?
  7. canbus layout

    Update: My truck is at still at the service department awaiting a road test to verify Ford engineering request to configure GWM, BCM, IPC and APIM due to the U codes commonly seen for the brake controller power fault. The lead tech speculated the problem 'could' be influenced by OTA updates...
  8. canbus layout

  9. canbus layout

    Gotta like Ford pass... It's a great tattle tail that calls your bullsh!t if you're trying to bs service writers and techs when you've effed up... It's also very useful for techs to narrow down and focus closer to the problem. It has been sending data about the problem in my truck every time it...
  10. trailer brake system fault

    Have you found a resolution to this problem?
  11. canbus layout

    I'll pass, I'll play the warranty game...
  12. canbus layout

    I'll pass, I'll play the warranty game...
  13. canbus layout

    It's way above my pay grade too. I'm known to overthink everything like this. But to solve this, some thinking and some guessing will be required. Digital tech has no gray area's only black and white. This requires the analytic kind I'm not gifted with. I used to unit jerk solutions as directed...
  14. canbus layout

    Um yeah daunting. I'm having difficulty reconciling the size of the universe...600 pages is a very close second! Must have been generated using AI!
  15. canbus layout

    This is great information that is way beyond the operator level. As a technician, this is what I am looking for. To test a theory, I set up a log session in Forscan to monitor module input power. The log ran for 650 seconds and stopped. It stopped long before I completed a 45 minute drive and...
  16. canbus layout

    Faults sure do occur frequently...to use that fact as excusable for faults exsisting is well troubling. The fact that they do occur in a module I expect to be trouble free to tow my trailer is troubling. After multiple clearings, the same module(s) are flagging same codes. These codes may be...
  17. canbus layout

    I'll attach a text file with faults. I suspect the TRM will trigger faults when BCM loses communication with the TRM. The TRM can't communicate if its power source turns off or spikes off for some obscure reason. Surely Ford engineering and vendor (TRM) engineering have some idea about what is...
  18. canbus layout

    I noticed a noisy 12v trace using Forscan when I was poking around the TRM module. It could be a bad connection somewhere in the module power circuit, a loose ground for that module, or noisy switching from battery supplied power to generator supplied power. Another logging session may be in...
  19. canbus layout

    I'm trying to determine if 'U' codes occur on the same data bus pair of wires (difficult without wiring diagram) so trying to picture the bus architecture.




Top