Yes, give up HUD and better stereo on Platinum. I have a Lariat now, but see the Platinum as a better buy when configured as outlined (I have little use for HUD or 6 more speakers). I would like to have black wheels, which also come on the Platinum. A lot is personal preference and Ford is...
Appears that I miscommunicated loaded Lariat. If you choose Lariat, Powerboost, 502A, Tow/Haul Package, Bed Utility Package, and 7.2kW Pro Power, it is within $1,300 of a similar Platinum. Give up HUD and better stereo on the Platinum, but you get CCD and 360-Degree Camera Full Activation...
The Pro Access Tailgate is showing late availability. What is late? March 24 or August 24? Is the feature fully engineered or is this Ford's way to say it's coming? Sounds like a defensive move in the tailgate wars?
The Platinum is showing a 30 gallon tank. Might be a data issue in the configurator. Offering 3 fuel tanks isn't consistent with Ford's effort to reduce the number of parts. Also, if you're looking at Lariat with the 502A package, you might consider moving up to the Platinum 701A. You give up...