Sponsored

Search results

  1. Towing with the Powerboost—very poor mpg

    Just returned from a 4 week road trip from NNY to Utah. 7000 miles total, 5400 towing a 7000# TT. Never had a tailwind, mostly headwinds or quartering headwinds. Always in T/H when towing. Used 87 or 89 octane top tier fuel. Trip avg was 12.9 mpg. Most towing days were between 10-11 mpg at 50-60...
  2. Best time to buy a Ford Extended Warranty??

    Went to buy Ford ESP from Granger because they offer 20% down and 18 monthly payments at 0% interest. Flood Ford was same price for the 6yr/125K/$100 deductible package. Ziegler and Lombard were more expensive. Ran the numbers on Granger website at 0800 this morning but got called away before...
  3. Extended Warranty & Maintenance Pkg. What should I pay?

    I tried this on another thread but have not gotten any responses so I thought I would try it here… I have a 2023 XLT PB that I purchased 5/17/23. I love it. I have 21,500 miles on it in just under one year. I’ve had a few of the more infamous issues (SSN, Trailer Brake Fault) but none that have...
  4. How Long Do You Plan to Keep Your PowerBoost?

    I have a 2023 XLT PB that I purchased 5/17/23. I love it. I have 21,500 miles on it in just under one year. I’ve had a few of the more infamous issues (SSN, Trailer Brake Fault) but none that have resulted in long stays at the dealership thanks to the info and support on this forum and a...
  5. Brake trailer module fault

    Wednesday the dealership replaced the 7/4 pin connector. They said mine was packed with sand and salt and that it was intermittently causing the fault when it was wet from rain/snow melt. Drive thru rain and wet roads yesterday without the message returning. They said to try to clean it...
  6. Brake trailer module fault

    I had been getting the “Trailer Brake System Fault” flashing alarm about a month ago. At the dealership the tech concluded they need to replace the module on the bumper that has the 7 pin and 4 pin connectors. I asked about the Trailer Brake Module located inside the cab by the driver’s right...
  7. PowerBoost MPG - WTH??

    23 XLT PB, stock everything, 14K miles since new. 89 octane, up to 10% ethanol. Screenshot is from yesterday; return trip home with 1000’ elevation descent over 50+ miles in Slippery Mode at speeds of 45-55mph. Same trip, earlier in the day in opposite direction, (sorry, no screen shot) 20 mpg...
  8. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    My 23-2317 TSB update was done several weeks and 1000 miles ago with no new problems. I’ve only had the SSN one time. I keep my fob in the cab and use the keypad to unlock. I’ve been better about about 2 step starts and high idle until the ICE shuts down when I stop for the night. I’d be curious...
  9. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    I picked up my PB from the dealer today. The battery tested “fine” by which they mean @ 12.8 amps. They applied the software update according to TSB 23-2317 w/o an issue and test drove it for ~5 miles reporting no messages or codes. I am cautiously optimistic at this point…
  10. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    Good question. Since the expense of replacing the batteries is a small fraction of what I am paying for this vehicle, I probably would. But I’m frugal and I haven’t had a SSN since the first one in September, so I might table that decision for a while. I think the TSB was only to be performed...
  11. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    I have about 10500 miles on my 23PB purchased in March. I’ve had one SSN event (that I reported on the other SSN thread)in September at 7500 miles. I am averaging 25.2 mpg overall. Stopped at dealership last week to make appointment for oil change and to discuss the TSB for the SSN. The...
  12. Ford Special Service Message regarding Stop Safely Now

    Are these OTA updates or do they have to be done at the dealership?
  13. PowerBoost 1.5 - We Need More Than Idiot Lights

    @turbopilot, the two dots at bottom center of your screenshot suggest there is a second page… What’s on the second page?
  14. HELP: "Stop Safely Now" message?

    I have been observing here since late March when I bought my ‘23 XLT Sport PB. Did not go looking for a PB but intrigued by it and saw the potential of the PPOB. Loving it so far with 7800 miles on it and to date, no problems. Today when I went to start it I had the “Stop Safely Now” message...




Top